Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday?

No black Friday for me, I had to work today. In fact, I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet and I don't plan on buying alot either. Nor do I plan to spend times in long lines...I don't get the holiday shopping hysteria, I have a short fuse and low patience. I don't want to turn into the "bridezilla of Christmas" and lose the bit of mind I have left.... Yesterday went pretty smoothly, I ate but I couldn't taste a thing and I was very irritable. I spent the night tossing and turning from one end of my couch to the other. Yes I sleep on the couch, I have a nice comfy bed but I still love my couch. I coughed, I was stuffy and I was hot! Glad the kids were away. On a lighter note, I realized that I like old school Christmas music. I love the oldies station we have here. Even if it weren't Christmas music I still would listen. I'm 33 and I love old music...I mean older than myself. I'm talking my mother's age and she's in her early 60's. I don't know where it came from...Okay so now that my rant is over, lets get to the business...

 I was able to complete this layout fairly quickly tonight. It just looks so plain to me, it feels like it is missing something. No misting or alot of layering or embellishments.


A few months ago my job hosted "take your kids to work day" and Farrah was so happy to go. They ate pizza and played games. The base ppr is called "Timeless" by Recollections (Michaels brand). I used scraps of Pretty Party (Crate Paper) to make the photo mat, the pieces left over from banners were made from BG Soleil. The journal spot is MME Honey and the die cut flowers are BG Soleil.

Seriously Gabby?


First off, I have no idea where she gets that smile or the pose from.Well my guess its part of her personality and the children shes around everyday. She knows how to turn it on for the camera... For the large circles, I punched a few sheets from Basic Grey Lucille, distressed the edges and ran them through my Cuttlebug and adhered them. I used scraps of MME Honey, BG Fact/Fiction and SEI Vanilla Sunshine to make the paper strips. I used WRMK Winter Frost stamps and Doodlebug Ink in Pool to stamp the banner, I should have used a foam pad to make it come out even. I misted with Mint Julep (Studio Calico). 


No comments:

Post a Comment