Sunday, January 6, 2013

This weekend was full of rest, birthday parties, eats @ Denny's and more rest. I created 4 layouts that I would like to share with you that were created for January's Four Categories Challenge.

Can't Help Falling In Love...Focus :blue:


Title inspired by U40's version of I Can't Help Falling In Love With You. I absolutley love that song! Inspired by Hanna Long's "Accessorised" layout in January Scrapbook Trends on pg 116. I loved the design of her layout but altered mine a bit. I created this for January 4 Categories Challange in which the focus was the color blue. The base ppr is from DCWV Summer Stack. I layered a strip of Basic Grey Fiction over it. Then I used EK Embossing Scallops punch with Pink Paislee and created a border. I layered a strip of 5th and Frolic Dreamy Drive. I made my flowers from Paper Shapers 2.25 scalloped punch and DCVW Tre's Chic matstack. The smaller scallops were made from Fiskars Seal of Approval. I used several different stickers for my title and misted with Tattered Angels Festival.

The Wonder Of Snow :focus punching:



This is Gabby having her fun with the snow...
I created this for January 4 Categories Challange #4 was to use punches. I used a small Recollections circle punch, 16mm brad punch by Imaginisce and Apron Lace border punch by Fiskars. I created the tag with EK Tag punch. The base ppr is Bazzill Cupcake Trio (Doodlebug). The photo mat consists of Heidi Swapp Sugar Chic and AC Walnut Grove. My shapes were made from Dear Lizzy 5th adn Frolic, Basic Grey Konnichiwa and other scraps. The smaller stickers are Cosmo Cricket Tiny type, the white stickers are Doodlebug Hopscotch font.

Cold Weather Cutie :focus ribbon:


Hello all. I created this tonight, fairly quickly for January four categories challange. The first was to use ribbon on the layout. The base ppr is BG Paper Cottage Afghan, and the aqua strip is DCWW Spring Stack. The ribbon is American Crafts Everyday 2. My photo mat is made of Crate Paper Lil Bo Peep and the black border is DB Frills. They grey Thickers are Lullaby, the pink stickers are October Afternoon Sno Cone, The green glitter stickers are called Eclair? I got from Target.

I got the inspiration from Pamella Brown's Together layout, found on pg 33 of January Scrapbook Trends.

New Coats, New Boots, Lookin' Cute focus: something new:





#4 in the Four Categories Challenge  this one focused on the "new theme". I centered mine around their new coats and new boots. Might I add I waited until the last minute to get them! The "new" items I used were: AC Remarks letter stickers, Maya Road chipboard banners and Jenni Bowlin label punch. This was very quick, I started layering papers and embellishments and then some misting with Tattered Angels Turquoise Blue. More Heidi Swapp Sugar Chic, Doodlebug Frills in beetle black and Cupcake. The base ppr is Dear Lizzy, 5th & Frolic Lovely Lane. Thanks for looking.



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I didn't reaize you completed ALL 4 layouts already?! And in 1 weekend! Yikes,
    you're fast!
    I only have 2 completed, working on my 3rd one.
    Congrats on finishing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful and Iove the designs. You rocked it! And very productive weekend! Love when you can have a scrapping weekend.

    ReplyDelete