Monday, September 24, 2012

The 3rd Grader

Well school is in full swing and both kids are adjusting well. I did not take a ton of pictures this year for the start of school. I only took 3 of Farrah and 3 of Gabby, who acted like a royal donkey the first day. Her page is coming in a different post. She told me she'd rather go back to 2nd grade. Too bad because it's not going to happen. She's going to be doing alot more work from here on out.

Here's my page of Farrah:


For my ppr mat, I ran it through my Cuttlebug with the letter folder. Then I painted it and let it dry. As you can see I used alot of paint here. I wanted the colors and the elements to have a school like feel. I don't normally use red, so I'm a bit out of my comfort zone. I used the mini hexagon's template from Crafter's Workshop and used black and white paint dabber by Adirondack. The letter stickers are cool right? Got them @ Joann's last week, they are chipboard Thickers. I wasn't too sure about using this color but the other pack was pink and I'm not ready to use them yet. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I have heard that 1st, 3rd, and 5th grade are the hardest grades of elementary!
    My daughter is in 5th right now and it is tough!
    Good luck to you and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute I love the painting and embossing!

    ReplyDelete