Thursday, May 10, 2012

I am most happiest on Thursdays. Why, because it close to Friday and I love Friday's LOL. My supervisor said to me today "I only see you smile and in a good mood on Thursday and Friday." I laughed but it is true. I love that I can sleep on Saturday's when I don't have my hair appointments. Ok so now I am counting down the time, I get off work @ 4:30.

So over the last week or so I have been working on this creation. Yes I am lazy and it takes about a week to finish a layout!. But now I am only printing a few photos @ a time.




Supplies:
Studio Calico Barn Swallow
DCWV shimmer card stock
American Crafts Dear Lizzy Neapolitan paper scraps (flower negative)
Cuttlebug Divine Swirls
EK Success Flower Burst punch
BG Pantry button
Fancy Pants Love Story (blue chevron)
Shimmerz Pop Art Pink & Sea Monkey
Thickers Lullaby (pink letter A)
Making Memories Teal Ledger letter stickers
Authentique Petite Type Circle letter stickers
BG Urban Prairie chipboard elements

I sprayed the background with 2 different mists. I loved the Pop Art Pink as I sprayed but it was too light when it dried so I added some Sea Monkey. I didn't want to get too creative with this because I wanted the picture and the journal to shine more. I realize how hard it is getting good pictures of 12/12 scans so I took multiple shots of the LO. My journaling reads:


IDK why I chose to scrap this picture but there’s something that I like about it. Maybe the fact that you two were both doing your own thing; Farrah focusing on me and Gabby just playing. It was a very warm “pre-spring day”, March 20th 2012 and the weather was about 80 degrees. I had skipped work and let you guys stay home (shhhhh don’t tell anyone LOL). Only a day before we had discovered a nature trail by the house. I just knew I wanted to take some pictures of you guys. Not that I am a photographer; I just whip out my camera and start taking pictures. (You can already tell that Gabby has her own personality because she is not paying any attention to me @ all.) You were just walking back and forth on the log minding your own business. Sometimes I have to practically beg you to smile for a picture and when I do, I better take it quick because you will soon change your mind. Farrah, you are different because you love to take pictures ranging from sweet and innocent to snappy and sassy. But right here, it shows your innocence as a young girl of 8 years old. There’s no posing here, no manufactured smile, just a calm stillness over your face. 

Thanks for looking. 


7 comments:

  1. Oh, just love the photo. Your girls are beautiful and you really are a good photographer. Awesome LO!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the journaling! And the LO is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo and an awesome layout to showcase it! Awesome journaling. This will be a treasured page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture!!! The girls look so natural enjoying nature :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet photo! Lovely layout and wow you rock with the journalling - great job :)

    ReplyDelete